5 gallons, extract/specialty grains
- 6.9 lbs. liquid light extract
- 0.5 lb. crystal malt 15 or 40
- 1.5 oz. Northern Brewer hops (9% alpha acid), for 60 min.
- 1 oz. East Kent Goldings (5% alpha acid), for 5 min.
- 0.5 oz. Cascade hops (5.5% alpha acid), for dry hopping
- 1 tsp. gypsum
- London Ale or British Ale
- 3/4 cup corn sugar for priming
Step by Step:
Steep crushed crystal malt at 150° F in 2.5 gal. of water for 15 minutes. Remove grains and bring to a boil. Add malt, gypsum, and Northern Brewer hops. Boil for 55 minutes. Add East Kent Goldings hops and boil for five more minutes. Cool brewpot in cold water bath for 15 to 20 minutes. Add wort to fermenter while straining out hops. Top off to 5 gals. with cold water and pitch yeast. Add Cascade hops to secondary and dry hop seven to 10 days. Rack into keg and carbonate with CO2 or bottle using corn sugar.